Technical details for preparing an article
General and technical requirements for the elaboration of papers:
- Length of the research paper including tables, figures and photographs should not exceed 12 pages of A-4 format.
- Materials to be published in Acta Sci. Pol. should be prepared in accordance with the rules of the publishing process binding at the publishing office of a given series of the Journal.
- Style of documents – the text of the paper should be typed in Times New Roman 12 point font, 1.5 space between the lines. Setting parts of the text in special typeface is allowed, e.g. italic or bold, but without underlining letters, words or sentences.
- Size of tables and figures cannot exceed B-5 format (12.5 × 19.5 cm); descriptions of tables should be typed with Times New Roman 9 point font, content of tables 8 points, single space, if possible without vertical lines, table format – doc. or rtf.
The following paper setting is binding:
- Title of the article in Polish (or in English if the whole paper is in English; the same refers to the summary and key words).
- Paper abstract (600–1000 characters).
- Key words – up to 6 words useful when indexing and searching, from general to detailed.
- The main text of the research paper should include: introduction with the aim and research hypothesis, material and methods, results, discussion, conclusions (or summary) and references.
- Title, abstract (600–1000 characters) as a translation of the summary and key words in English.
Titles of tables and their content, and captions of figures and legends must be provided in English, while the numbers of tables and figures – with Arabic numerals.
Units and spelling – the international SI system is binding, e.g. g·dm–3 (and not g/dm3).
References – when referring to the publications of other authors in the text of the paper, a surname and a year should be provided in brackets [Kowalski and Lewandowski 2000, Lewandowski 2001, Zalewski et al. 2001], or …according to Kowalski ...
The list of references should be presented alphabetically in the following way: author’s (authors’) surname, initials of first names; year of publication; if there is more than one paper by the same author published in a given year, after the year it is necessary to mark particular items a, b, c etc.; title of the paper; bibliographical abbreviation of the publishing house and place of publication; volume number; issue of periodic, book series, and pages. For example:
Chełkowski, Z. (1966). Introdukcja troci do rzeki Gowienicy. (Introduction of brown trout into the Gowienica river). Gosp. Ryb., 1(2), 18–19.
Greń, J., Kowalski, Z. (1972). Statystyka matematyczna. (Matematical statistics). PWN, Warszawa.
Pisulewski, P., Strzetelski, J., Antoniewicz, A. (2009). Podstawowe założenia IZ PIB-INRA norm żywienia przeżuwaczy (Basic objectives of nutritional standards for ruminants of the IZ PIB-INRA). [In:] J. Strzetelski (Ed.), IZ PIB-INRA. Normy żywienia przeżuwaczy. Wartość pokarmowa francuskich i krajowych pasz dla przeżuwaczy. Wyd. IZ PIB, Kraków, 11–20.
Patkowska, E., Konopiński, M. (2008a). Pathogenicity of selected soil-borne microorganisms for scorzonera seedlings (Scorzonera hispanica L.). Folia Horticul., 20(1), 31–42.
Patkowska, E., Konopiński, M. (2008b). Pathogenicity of selected soil-borne fungi for seedlings of root chicory (Cichorium intybus L. var. sativum Bisch.). Veg. Crops Res. Bull., 69, 81–92.
Turski, W. (1972). Projektowanie oprogramowania systemów liczących. (Software design of computing systems). Mat. konf. Projektowanie maszyn i systemów cyfrowych. Warszawa 2–5 czerwca 1971. PWN, Warszawa, 132–139.
The author first submits the signed declaration (see attachment under Statements) to the publishers stating his/her intention to offer an article for review. Then the author sends the article to the editorial office. After he/she receives a review, the author sends an editorial copy to the editorial office including the reviewer’s comments, a corrected copy of the paper including an electronic carrier (diskette, CD, USB flashdrive, or e-mail) and a response to the reviewer’s and editor’s comments. The main part of the publication (abstract, the text of the article proper and references) should be saved in one file. The editorial office reserves the right to make cuts and corrections, and to suggest changes and substantive supplementations agreed with the author. The graphic material (figures, diagrams, charts) should be prepared and sent as a separate electronic file (source files) made in programs working in Windows environment (e.g. in Excel, Corel Draw, Photoshop etc.).